Sunday, September 30, 2012

Even though it's Fall, we're having an Indian Summer day today, high's in the 80's. I feel like ribs but don't want to deal with the grill or the little black bast@$%'s that are all over now. They're harvesting corn and soybeans all around us and those tiny suckers leave welts all over me. They get in your hair, under your clothes and worst of all they come in right through the screens, so you can't even open your windows. The sick thing is I found out they don't actually "bite", they leave a teeny, tiny drop of their urine on you and it's like acid. Nice huh?

Ugh....one of the drawbacks of living in rural North Iowa. 

Anyhoo....I still am making ribs, but I'm using my most favorite recipe for the slow cooker. 

EASY SLOW COOKER PORK RIBS

 

Ingredients
  • 1 large St. Louis style rack of Pork Ribs
  • 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce
  • Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, etc.,
  • I large onion, sliced into rings
Instructions
  1. Portion the rack into 2 rib slabs to allow them to fit in the slow-cooker easily.
  2. Season each piece with seasonings.
  3. Scatter onion rings over bottom of slow cooker.
  4. Place sectioned/portioned ribs into slow-cooker( I lay them on their sides), covering them with BBQ sauce.
  5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until they fall off the bone.
  6. (THESE STEPS ARE OPTIONAL BUT REALLY ADD TO THE TASTE!!!)
  7. Remove from slow-cooker and transfer them to a foil lined baking sheet.
  8. Brush each portion with BBQ sauce
  9. Broil for 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to bubble and caramelize.
  10. Remove from broiler let cool slightly
  11. ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....