Friday, October 5, 2012

Yay, my slow cooker is definintely going to get a workout this year. 

The pork chops I cooked last night (Ranch House Slow Cooker Pork Chops), were absolutely delicious-the whole famdamily gobbled them up. of course the Pamesan Mashed Potatoes were killer as well. 

Tonight, the entree du jour is Slow Cooker Beef Tips with a Burgundy Mushroom Sauce. 

Soooooo goooooood!!! Who doesn't like winey, beefy, saucey goodness??

I would be tempted to serve them over mashed potatoes again, the youngest offspring would love that, but because I really should watch that my rear doesn't get any larger, I will serve them over hot egg noodles coated in a buttered parsley sauce. Yeah, I know, not really saving on the calories there either....heehee!

Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Burgundy Mushroom Sauce


2-3 lbs. beef sirloin tips, cut in to 1" pieces
8oz Cremini mushrooms, sliced (or any of your favorite varieties)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 envelope Onion Soup mix
1/8 tsp pepper

Stir together beef tips and remaining ingredients in a lightly greased 5qt crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until done, stirring occasionally. Serve over cooked egg noodles that have been coated with butter and minced parsley. 

Adapted from:LovefromTexas






No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....