Saturday, March 30, 2013

Potato Hash Egg Nests

Just in time for Easter.......

Of course, I couldn't wait until Sunday to make them, I had to try them out today the day before. So for Easter we may be having some sort of Strata instead-oopsie.

I saw Pioneer Woman's take on these last weekend and decided to try my own version. 

The whole family loved them.

And bonus....these are Vegetarian friendly and Gluten free!!!


This recipe is adapted from The Pioneer Woman


Ingredients:
4-5 large russet potatoes
1tsp salt and pepper
6 eggs


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425F.
  2. In a pan large enough to hold the potatoes, cover with water an inch above the potatoes. 
  3. Bring to a low boil and cook until almost tender about 18-20 minutes. 
  4. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes, then drain until cool enough to peel.
  5. Shred using a hand grater.
  6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss gently to distribute seasoning.
  7. Spray a large 6 cup muffin tin with non stick spray.
  8. Mound 1/2 cup or more potatoes in each well and gently spread out and up the sides, slightly spilling outside is okay. Don't compact the potatoes. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
  9. Place in the preheated oven and bake about 20 minutes until slightly browned. 
  10. Take out of the oven and crack an egg into each cup. Reduce the oven temp to 400F. 
  11. Place muffin tin back in the oven for approximately 9-10 minutes for a set white and creamy yolk or longer if you like your eggs more set.
  12.  Season with more salt and pepper if desired. 

**This recipe is shared with:
Love Bakes Good Cakes 
 Busy Monday
Recipe Sharing Monday
Made By You Monday

Mop It Up Monday
Open Call Social
Mix it up Monday @ Flour Me with Love
Mealtime Monday @ Couponing and Cooking
Melt in Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
My Meatless Mondays @ My Sweet and Savory
All My Bloggy Friends @ Love Bakes Good Cakes

12 comments:

  1. This Looks so good I have to try it

    Navin
    www.monthlyfreebiez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could easily become a favorite in my house. Everyone would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone one in my family sure did! They'll be a favorite from now on-thank you Chaya!

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea.........Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! This looks delicious, and something my kids would really enjoy :-) I would love for you to share this at what i am eating http://www.townsend-house.com/2013/04/what-i-am-eating.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! Can't go wrong with The Pioneer Woman! Pinned. Thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlene! I love everything PW does...

      Delete
  6. I would love for you to share this on my Meatless Monday link up. This recipe will work perfectly for my 2 little ones who have PKU and a restricted diet- I'd just need to substitute real eggs, for their special egg mix. Thanks for sharing!
    http://www.littlestsweetpea.com/2013/04/meatless-meals-link-up-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kelly. I just posted it. Best wishes on your beautiful babies continues good health. I have added your Link Party to my Blog Party List.

    hugs-Kari

    ReplyDelete

I relish your comments....