Thursday, June 20, 2013

Chili Cheese Biscuit Pie


 Ever been faced with this as a dinner option?

Well, I never thought I would be either but that is a photo my daughter sent me and asked "Mom, did you know this happened in the frig?".

My first instinct was to tell her to throw it away, and then I thought, wait a minute that's really wasteful, I can make something out of it.

So I told her to leave it there until I got home.

And this is what I whipped up....

Who doesn't like cheesy chili with warm cheesey biscuits wrapped around it??

I don't see anyone waving their hands, do you?
It actually worked out beautifully because I had about 2 cups of Turkey 3 bean chili leftover and this made it a very filling meal for 4 of us.

Ingredients:
2 cups of chili or 1 can of your favorite brand-drained
2 cans of small biscuits
1 cup of shredded cheese

Directions:
  1. Prehet oven to 375F. Spray a pie dish with non stick spray. 
  2. Open 1 can of biscuits and cover the bottom and slightly up the side of the pie pan. Slightly stretching and pinching together as needed. 
  3. Par-bake for about 8 minutes. Remove and cover with chili and 3/4 cup of cheese. 
  4. Open last can of biscuits and gently cover the top sprinkling with remaining cheese.
  5. Bake another 12-15 minutes or until biscuits are browned and cheese is melty and chili is heated.
"

 Enjoy!
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....