Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pork Chops with Easy Onion Gravy




 I told you I'd be back....

With a really easy, super yummy recipe too. 

Today we are having a blizzard...

really, I'm serious. 

At times we can't see our neighbors homes that are just on the other side of the cul-de-sac we live on. 

Gotta love Midwestern weather, 
or not.  

Not really...when it's -30 with the windchill and a total whiteout because of 40 mph winds. Sheesh, makes me wonder why I'm still here sometimes. Then it passes and the beautiful Spring weather arrives and it's a memory for another year.

So...the first dish in 3 weeks that I found myself making was a easy braised pork chop dinner. 

A simple, yummy dish with minimal ingredients and I was able to do it virtually with one arm, which in my case at this time is a good thing. 

I served it with a simple but flavorful side dish of orzo with spinach and parmensan, that recipe I'll share at a later date-my family eats that like it's a main dish!!

It's been 3 weeks since I my arm broke, a week later I had surgery and they cemented, plated and screwed it back together and I am on the road to recovery. 

I have been blessed again with a phenomenal medical support team from the Mayo clinic and with their top notch care and the continued support of the Oncology team, I have been given a fighting chance.

Believe me, if i can pull this together after that, you know anyone can. And, you'll be glad you did!!





Ingredients:
4-6 bone-in Center cut pork chops
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt & pepper
1 small onion, diced
1 pkt. onion soup mix
2 cups water

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-medium-high heat.
  2. Season each chop with salt & pepper and dust in the flour, shake off excess flour. 
  3. Brown the chops in the oil on each side, about 8-10 minutes total. 
  4. Remove and set aside. Cook onions until translucent about 4-5 minutes. Return chops to pan.
  5. Mix onion soup mix with water and pour over chops. Cover saute pan and reduce heat to simmer. 
  6. Simmer 40-60 minutes until sauce is thickened and chops are tender.

 Enjoy!! 
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties


No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....