Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Baked Enchilada Chicken


We LOVE enchiladas.

Everyone loves enchiladas.

Sometimes, I just don't feel like making enchiladas.

This makes my family sad...

But here's a recipe to save the day! And your family will still love you and not be sad.

Wait...

They only love me when I cook?   No, that can't be right...

I can serve oatmeal for dinner and they still love me, they may not like me, but I know they love me.

Okay, so I better not test that.

Anyway, this easy riff on a classic, slightly labor intensive dish will serve you well, no matter who you dish it out to!

It has the deep earthy taste of enchiladas and is actually a lean, healthy dish. Shhhh...don't tell them that.


You'll love that all it comes together in 5 minutes. With TWO ingredients

Yes, you read that right, five minutes and 2 ingredients. Crazy good, right?!

Bakes in about 30 minutes, which is the perfect time to make some rice and warm up some beans. Maybe even have a glass of wine....

Tender, juicy chicken bakes in a lovely seasoned sauce, serve with your favorite sides including warmed tortillas or tortilla chips and you'll be the BOMB!





I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and my easy homemade enchilada/red sauce. You can find the recipe for that here.

Or use your favorite can or bottle of sauce, it's a snap! My chicken breasts were big, so I split them, pour about 1-1 1/2 cups of sauce to cover them completely. Cover the pan or dish tightly with foil and bake in a 350F oven for 30-45 minutes, until cooked completely. 

Serve with your favorite sides and you're GOLDEN!



INGREDIENTS:

4- 4-5 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (sub the same amount of thighs also)
1 10-14 oz. can or bottle red enchilada sauce or make your own

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350F.
Spray a baking dish with non stick spray, place the chicken in the dish and pour the sauce over, covering all the chicken. 
Cover tightly with foil and bake 30-45 minutes, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, temp at 165F.

That's it! 

I know, you can thank me later, after you eat. 

Enjoy!





  This recipe is shared on Link parties. Also shared on http:// www.thecountrycook.net and http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/ and http://www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com and http://www.hunwhatsfordinner.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....